Beyond Denim - Patching Lightweight, Synthetic & Stretch Fabrics Online Class, May 23 1-3 pm EST
Our wardrobes consist of all kinds of materials - cotton, stretch & synthetic fabrics. Throughout the 2 hour class I'll work alongside you as I repair several items walking you through my process for hand repairing a variety of clothing items including a stretch cotton, a light weight viscose & cotton, and a polyester jacket (similar to a nylon windbreaker type of material).
I'll demonstrate a handful of useful hand stitching techniques, show examples of mended garments and share my tips and tricks for a long-lasting, strong, and functional repairs.
Class will be limited to 15 participants, so we will have time for individual questions and feedback.
PLEASE USE YOUR CURRENT EMAIL at checkout and double check it's correct.
WHAT COMES WITH CLASS:
- 2 hour zoom class, Sat. May 23 1-3 pm EST
- Full material list emailed with 24 hours of purchase
- Emailed zoom meeting link
- Follow up email with additional resources/links mentioned in class
- Recorded class for follow up reference
The required materials are minimal for this class. You will need:
- Item to repair
- Fabric for patch to match repair item
- Mark making tools (water soluble pen/pencil, chalk, tailors chalk)
- Sewing thread
- Sewing needles
- Optional: other threads like embroidery floss, sashiko thread, Button Craft thread)
For each online class I'm teaching during May I'm choosing a charity to donate $2 of each ticket sold.