#RearEndMend Denim Repair Online Class, May 24 1-3 pm EST
Butt, inner thighs, and chub rub areas. We all have a pair of jeans with wear and tear in one of these not so cute places. I call these repairs a #RearEndMend and it's the focus of this online mini class. Throughout the 2 hour class I'll work alongside you as I repair denim pants torn on the backside. I'll walk you through my process for repairing this high wear area, providing examples and sharing my tips and tricks for a long-lasting, strong, functional and discrete mend.
You will learn how to select a patch, prepare the damaged area for stitching, set up stitch guides, sashiko stitch, and finish the repair. These skills are useful for all kinds of future mending projects beyond this specific repair area.
Class will be limited to 15 participants, so we will have time for individual questions and feedback.
WHAT COMES WITH CLASS:
- 2 hour class via zoom, Sun. May 24 1-3 pm EST
- Full material list emailed with 24 hours of purchase
- Emailed zoom meeting link. *Please make sure to use your current email at checkout & double check it is correct.
- Follow up email with additional resources/links mentioned in class
- Recorded class for follow up reference
The required materials are minimal for this class. You will need:
- Item to repair
- Non-stretch, woven fabric for patch (denim, canvas, linen to match repair item)
- Mark making tool (water soluble pen/pencil, chalk, tailors chalk)
- Sashiko thread (or Button Craft thread)
- Sashiko needles (or embroidery needles)
- Sewing thread
- Sewing pins
For each online class I'm teaching during May I'm choosing a charity to donate $2 of each ticket sold.