Starry Sashiko Banner Class, May 30 1-3 pm EST
Learn to draw your own sashiko pattern, stitch sashiko and create a custom decorative banner for your home. We'll work together making a stitch sample first that will inspire you to return to this starry pattern again and again. Beyond the banner project the instructions can be adapted to all kinds of applications including other home decor, mending and clothing embellishments.
Class will be limited to 15 participants, so that we will have time for individual questions and feedback.
PLEASE USE YOUR CURRENT EMAIL at checkout and double check it's correct.
WHAT COMES WITH CLASS:
- PDF with written instructions
- PDF pattern printout
- 2 hour class via zoom, May 30, 1-3pm EST
- Full material list emailed with 24 hours of purchase
- Emailed zoom meeting link
- Follow up email with additional resources/links mentioned in class
- Recorded class for follow up reference
The required materials are minimal for this class. You will need:
- Printer to print our pattern
- 9 x 16" non-stretch material (denim, canvas, twill, linen)
- Mark making tool ( and of the following could work: water soluble pen or pencil, chalk, hera marker, tailors chalk)
- Thread (sashiko, embroidery floss, perle cotton, crochet thread)
- Needle (sashiko or embroidery)
- Wooden dowel or stick to hang banner
For each online class I'm teaching during April I'm choosing a charity to donate $2 of each ticket sold.