Three winners will be chosen by our guest judge, author of Overdressed & the upcoming Conscious Closet, sustainability expert & conscious fashion champion, Elizabeth L. Cline. Each winner will win a bundle of three creative books from Ten Speed Press, including a signed copy of my book Make and Mend, and a $50 gift certificate from Fabscrap.
You can mend any personal item you like, or if you’re in the NY area, you can pick up a mutilated garment to mend for free at Fabscrap’s HQ in the Brooklyn Army Terminal. You even get 5 free pounds of fabric every time you volunteer at Fabscrap sorting fabrics for recycling.
If you’re stumped on where to start or need some ideas, no worries. I’ll be sharing some DIY projects, inspiration & ideas throughout the challenge. Help us spread the word by sharing! Let people know you’re stepping up to the challenge. We can’t wait to see what you make!
Full Rules & info:
- FOLLOW @Fabscrap @Miniaturerhino @elizabethlcline
- MEND a personal item using materials from Fabscrap, or mend a mutilated garment sample from the Fabscrap warehouse in Brooklyn, NY. In-store pickup only for garment samples. Jessica of Miniature Rhino will be sharing how-tos and inspiration along the way.
- POST a picture by June 15th of your mending project and use the contest #MRxFABmending. Share some details about the project - Have you tried mending before? What materials did you use? Anything surprise you along the way?
- DATES: Contest runs from May 15 - June 15th. Three winners will be chosen by guest judge @elizabethlcline and announced June 19th.
- ELIGIBILITY: Due to shipping restrictions prizes are only open to US residents only. Sorry international friends!
- PRIZES: Three winners will received a bundle of three creative books, including Make and Mend, by @miniaturerhino. Swipe to see books. Please note, winners will not receive all the books pictured, but a set of three of the imaged titles.